A person whose ordinary place of residence is metro Melbourne can only attend a hospitality venue in regional Victoria for takeaway service.
Regional hospitality venues must determine patrons’ ordinary place of residence is not in metro Melbourne before allowing seated service.
Venues must use reasonable endeavours to determine if a person’s ordinary place of residents is in metro Melbourne.
- Ask the patron for the address of their ordinary place of residence; and
- Require the patron and the group the person is travelling with to:
- Provide photo identification that confirms their ordinary place of residence is not in metropolitan Melbourne; or
- make a declaration that their ordinary place of residence is not in metropolitan Melbourne; or
- make a declaration that they are permitted to travel or stay in Regional Victoria for permitted reasons.