The Club has been informed by Golf Australia that with the easing of restrictions last weekend, there are no longer any differences between the restrictions in Melbourne and Regional Victoria. There are some important changes.
I have copied and pasted the details below:
Operations Advice Metropolitan Melbourne & Regional Victoria
- Play in groups of four is permitted;
- Golfers must be fully vaccinated or have an exception in order to play, as outlined here;
- Competition golf is permitted;
- Only fully vaccinated persons may enter the clubhouse;
- Staff vaccination restriction requirements have been updated, with all hospitality, retail and grounds staff now being required to be fully vaccinated by November 26. However, all staff must by now have received their first vaccination;
- Access to retail premises e.g. Pro shop, is somewhat unclear and we are seeking further clarity on this point. However, it is clear that only double vaccinated persons can enter the retail premises;
- Locker rooms and showers are open and can operate, bearing in mind inside density quotients of DQ4 and regular cleaning being required;
- There will be no travel restrictions within the State of Victoria;
- Motorised Carts may be shared by people from more than one household, with regular cleaning;
- Rakes can be placed in bunkers & pins removed if regularly cleaned under the high-touch surfaces provision;
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times except when eating or drinking, and a mask must be carried at all times;
- Group coaching can occur for 30 participants (plus the coach), as long as the coach adheres to the Covid-19 mandatory vaccination workers direction. It is unclear at this time on vaccination requirements for adult group coaching participants, however children under 16 are exempt;
- A Covid Check-in marshal must be placed at each entrance to the premises that is accessible by patrons and who requests each patron to record their attendance at the premises;
- Clubs and facilities must have an up to date Covid safe plan in place;
- If a club/facility does not have a QR code check-in system, you must record all patrons attending the premises via name, phone number, date and time;
- If your club/facility is not staffed, you must have signage stating the check-in requirements and you must adhere to check-in requirements at all times;
- You must display signage at each entry stating the maximum capacity of your clubhouse and pro shop facilities.
The State Government is predicting that Victoria will hit the 90% double dose vaccination target for 12 years and over on Wednesday 24th November when more restrictions will be removed, and we will communicate further about the implications for golf closer to this date.
Victorian Government directives:
You can access the Victorian Government directives by clicking here.
Please note that these changes came into operation last Saturday (30 October). HOWEVER, because of the late notice, we will not introduce the requirement for full vaccination for golfers until this Saturday (6th November). This means if you cannot satisfactorily prove you have been double vaccinated from Saturday onwards. You will not be permitted to play golf. (This applies to green fee players as well.)
Acceptable proof is limited to:
- Successful completion of a Service Victoria QR check-in that includes confirmation that you are fully vaccinated through the app;
- A Covid digital certificate displayed through the Medicare App, the Service Victoria App or equivalent smartphone wallet;
- A printed version of your CoVid certificate or, immunisation history issued by the vaccination provider, medical practitioner or Australian Immunisation Register.
- NB: It does not include a version printed by you.
(This information has been taken from the Chief Health Officer’s Directions.) Please note that no other forms of proof are acceptable.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience, as the Club complies with regulations.
Maryborough Golf Club