It is a moving feast at the moment as we adapt to the new restrictions that have come into force today.
The key restriction is that we are allowed to have a total of 50 people (excluding staff) in the venue at any one time. This includes people both indoors and outdoors. Competition golf has also been suspended.
So that we can open tomorrow, the following rules have been developed to ensure we comply with the restrictions. Please follow them as you risk a fine for yourself and a hefty fine for the Club.
- The course will be open to members only – no green fee players.
- All current time sheets and bookings will be removed.
O Golfers must book via online booking system. Bookings will be managed daily, to ensure that we do not exceed the maximum quota of 50 people (Indoors & Outdoors) at any given time.
- Temporary timesheets have been developed and bookings will be strictly first come/first served.
Ð Tee times to be:
o 7.30 – 10.00
o 1.00 – 3.30
o Golfers must be off the course by no later than 5.30pm
ð To maximise the number of people who can play, only the front nine will be open for play.
- There will no competitions, social golf only with one ball. No other practice is available.
- It is mandatory that all golfers register via the QR Code as displayed outside the golf office.
O Once you have finished play, please leave the course immediately.
- Flags must remain in the hole at all times.
- Rakes have been removed from the bunkers.
- Club Equipment (including carts) will not be available for hire.
- Cart sharing is not permitted and, all golfers must adhere to 1.5m social distancing.
- Access to the Club House is limited at this stage (until further notice).
- Please note that Golf Members from Metropolitan Melbourne are not permitted to enter regional Victoria as yet.
I get that this is frustrating on many levels. Hopefully the situation will change again soon and things will return to normal.
Maryborough Golf Club